Thermo Fisher Scientific Portable XRF Analyzer Training
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers free safety training for customers and prospective customers. Thermo Fisher Scientific recommends that operators of Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ portable XRF analyzers receive radiation safety training prior to using the analyzer. Safety training may be required by state regulatory authorities as a condition of licensing/registration.Safety training may be required by state regulatory authorities as a condition of licensing/registration.
Options for obtaining free safety training are described below. Safety training courses can be completed online or at one of our scheduled instructor instructor-led training sessions. The scheduled instructor-led trainings also include an operational training session.
For more information about these free training programs or to inquire about (customized) fee-based on-site training, contact 800-875-1578 or +1-978-670-7460 or email email@example.com
Free safety, regulatory compliance, and transportation training is made available through an online learning management system located within the Customer Support Portal. Operators of Niton Analyzers analyzers are able to complete any of the optional training modules listed below and print a manufacturer’s training certificate upon completion of each course. Thermo Fisher Scientific does not require customers to complete any specific training course, but has made available a suite of trainings to meet the specific safety and regulatory compliance needs of customers.
Available online training courses:
- Radiation Safety for X-Ray Tube Tube-Based Instruments (e.g, Models XLt, XL2, XL3t, DXL, FXL, & XL5)
- Radiation Safety for Sealed Source XRF (e.g., Models XL, XLp, Xli, & XL3p)
- U.S. Regulations for Handheld XRF Analyzers with Radioactive Sealed Sources
- Transport of Radioactive Sealed Sources in XRF Analyzers
- Transport of Li Ion Batteries
Use the link below to register for the cCustomer Ssupport Pportal and gain access to these online training courses
Scheduled Instructor-Led One-Day Training Classes
Thermo Scientific offers a number of free one day instructor instructor-led trainings each year. This one day training covers the topics listed below and includes operational training as well as safety training.
- Introduction to XRF
- Basic Radiation Safety and Safe Use of Niton XRF Analyzers
- Niton XRF Analyzer Features and Functions
- Overview of Applications (e.g., alloy analysis, RoHS compliance testing, consumer products screening, lead paint and soil analysis)
- Regulatory Compliance for Ionizing Radiation
- Hands-On Session
Below is a list of upcoming classes that are open for registration. Classes are normally posted for registration 3 months in advance of the course date so check back for additional course dates throughout the year. Pre-registration is required to attend and class sizes are limited so please register at your earliest convenience. There is a maximum of five registrants per company, per class. Any class may be cancelled or changed up to one day prior to the event